A trail of links of my monthly interests for your perusal… Eats
- Doesn’t this vegetarian curry look beyond tempting? Goop have lots of tasty veggie recipes and I can’t wait to make this one next weekend…
- Check out this menu, this restaurant is in the beautiful city of Winchester… I really want to eat here!
- “Watch how this supermarket got people to buy their rubbish” Incredible mini documentary… I *really* hope this concept comes to British supermarkets.
- My boyfriend and I cooked these super tasty salmon burgers this week and they were delicious, packed full of chilli and peppers for extra flavour (And a skinny option too, bonus points!)
- I personally found this a poignant article… “It doesn’t seem to matter whether you have ‘birthed’ great friendships, love affairs and positive life experiences. Unless you’ve had a baby you are not deemed a real woman. “
- Who is also incredibly excited and anxiously awaiting Series 5 of Downton Abbey? Especially after seeing this very dramatic trailer!
- This lady has such effortless STYLE and class, I adore her blog and enjoy the simplicity of her content.
- I have also been listening to this beautiful cover of a cover, Sam Smith vs Whitney vs an up and coming Youtuber.
- “Yes, quitting meat can reduce your carbon footprint significantly more than quitting driving.” I thought this was a particularly arresting article as it is one of the main reasons I became a vegetarian, it contains some powerful evidence that can’t be ignored
- The infamous blogger Gala Darling shared this excellent blog post on the subject of perfectionism and social media which raised SO many brilliant points.
- As part of my U.S “The Office” obsession, I decided to read this collection of short stories by one of the writers, B. J. Novak. Whilst a handful of the stories are good, I’ve found the collection disappointingly hit and miss, and rather underwhelming…
- I hired this really great book from the university library to read, particularly the chapter “Boxing with Ghosts: The Shakespeare Films of Kenneth Branagh”. If you’re a Branagh/Shakespeare fan you will enjoy this 🙂
- Another of the many books I have read this month is “GirlBoss“, I jumped on the hype-wagon and found it suprisingly inspiring, motivating and pure badass easy read!
- This is a perfectly compiled reading list, regardless of season and love many of the titles listed…
And the crazy, funny rest…
- The humorous creative “license” taken with these portraits had me in stitches.
- “Star paws, the rise of the superstar pets” — Erm, can we talk about this please?
- Buzzfeed hits it perfectly on the head, as usual when it comes to surmising the GBBO bake drama this week